This page was updated:
Thursday, January 13, 2011
in central Maryland
Home > Directory
|The Carroll County
Regional Airport is the sixth longest runway in Maryland
The runway is 5100 ft. long and 100 ft. wide.
"Final approach runway
The airport coordinates are:
Latitude: North 39o
Longitude: West 077o 00.46'
Located 3 miles north of the City of Westminster and 6.9 nm from EMI VOR on
the 357o Radial.
Runways are identified as 34 and 16
Runways are 5100' x 100' grooved asphalt
Runway headings of 340o & 160o.
Right traffic for Runway 34 and Left traffic for Runway 16.
Field Elevation is 789 feet
||122.1 R | 117.9 T - Leesburg
Carroll County Regional Airport is a modern airport
- Pilot Controlled Runway and Taxiway Edge Lighting
- Rotating Green and White Beacon
- The Fixed Based Operator (FBO)
- Self-serve is operational on the field again
- The four-light PAPI system is operational
- The GCO on 121.725 (4 distinct 1 second clicks to use)
- There is currently no flight school - coming
- There is currently no aircraft rides at on the airport
- coming soon!
- Courtesy car on the field
- Aircraft rental
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Aircraft Fuel - Self Serve & Truck delivery
- Jet-A re-fueling by on-field truck
- Refueling truck courtesy of the FBO
- Aircraft taxi & parking assistance
- Pilot training and Certified Flight Instructors
Aircraft Traffic Pattern Altitude (TPA) Information
Traffic Pattern Altitude (TPA):
Fixed Wing 1600 MSL ( 811 AGL)
Multiengine 2300 MSL (1511 AGL)
Turbo /Jet 2300 MSL (1511 AGL)
Common Traffic Advisory Frequency (CTAF) 122.700 Mhz.
Aviation Weather at Carroll County Regional Airport
Automatic Weather Frequency (AWOS-III)
121.250 Mhz. Telephone Weather - dial 410-876-1281
HIWAS - 117.9 EMI
Identification & Lighting
Airport Rotating Beacon (APBN) is Green
APBN operates from Dusk to Dawn or during reduced visibility conditions.
Runway Lighting activation on 122.7 MHz. (5 clicks in 5 sec. to change
intensity). Wind sock located East side mid-field. Precision Approach
Path Indicator (PAPI) available. Runway End Identifier Lights (REIL). High
Intensity Runway Lights (HIRL)
Training aircraft may be in the pattern and/or practicing.
Call position in traffic pattern.
Helicopter and light aircraft may uses grass area West of field - use at own
Aircraft Parking, Tie-down and Hangar
Transient aircraft park adjacent to large corporate
Training aircraft park directly across from FBO.
Use designated taxi markings when moving aircraft.
Tenants parking located adjacent to FBO
Monthly Tie-downs in front of Hangars
Authorized accompanied quest only on TARMAC
Authorized vehicles only may enter the airport perimeter
5100 ft. long by 100 ft. wide grooved asphalt runways
Current Notes, Messages and Changes
GCO is operational. Instructions are available
Copyright © 1998 - 2010 CarrollCountyAirport.com, All rights reserved. Terms
and Conditions apply.